Dipkar in Ho Chi Minh City - Dipkar’s Food for the Poor (DFP) program made its debut on November 10th 2016 in An Phu Ward and Binh Trung Dong Ward, District 2, Ho Chi Minh City, providing hundreds of free meals every Tuesday and every Thursday to poverty-stricken, elderly people without caregivers, poor workers as well as disabled and sick people. Responding to these needy people’s growing demand for food, this charity program now reaches out to other locations including Binh Thanh District, Go Vap District and Phu Nhuan District. Over the last one and a half years (between November 10th 2016 and February 12th 2018), DFP program has provided 56,680 free meals for the poor in Ho Chi Minh City. Currently, DFP program is giving over 1,000 free meals every week at the following locations in Ho Chi Minh City:
- 180 free meals are given to the poor every Tuesday morning at An Phu Communal House, An Phu Ward, District 2.
- 180 free meals are offered to the poor every Thursday morning at An Phu Communal House, An Phu Ward, District 2.
- 200 free meals are distributed to the poor every Saturday morning at The Children’s House of Go Vap District (450/19C, Lê Đức Thọ Street, Ward 16, Go Vap District).
- 300 free meals are given to the poor every Saturday morning at 114 Dinh Tien Hoang Street, Ward 1, Binh Thanh District.
- 150 free meals are distributed every Friday morning at 18 Doan Thi Diem Street, Phu Nhuan District.
According to Ms. Vo Thi Gai, head of Red Cross Society of An Phu Ward, who has partnered with DFP program in its early days, DFP program has changed many lives since its debut. She says that many poor people in District 2 got out of their destitute destiny thanks to DFP’s weekly free meals. This gives Dipkar’s members strong impetus to maintain and expand this charity program in order to give free food to more needy people.
In addition to the great efforts of Dipkar’s members in running DFP program, we received invaluable sponsorship from external donors and individuals who enthusiastically provided us with both manpower and financial support. We would like to express our warmest thanks towards these sponsors for their great help. In order to reach out to more and more poor people, DFP program sincerely asks for your constant assistance. We wish all of you a happy lunar new year.