Dipkar in Ho Chi Minh City – On the early morning of Tuesday, 28 February 2017, Dipkar members was busy with preparing, processing and packaging free meals for the needy people in An Phu Ward (District 2) and Tang Nhon Phu A Ward (District 9). On that day, Dipkar’s Food For The Poor (DFP) program provided a total of 240 free meals, including 160 free meals for An Phu Ward and 80 free meals for Tang Nhon Phu A Ward. We keeps running the DFP program at these two locations every Tuesday morning.
The food recipients are disabled, and elderly people without caregivers, poor workers as well as the elders who leave their home town for Ho Chi Minh City to earn their living. Mr. Quan, aged 71, is among these. The poor old man comes from Phu Yen, 560 kilometers south of Ho Chi Minh City. He now shares a small room with other 7 tenants on a slum in District 2. Every day he rides on an old bike, selling lottery tickets. He says that DFP program has given him courage to face difficulties and move forward. We hope that the DFP program is able to reach out to more needy people like him, sharing love and compassion with them.
As of 28 February 2017, the DFP program has provided 1,080 free meals per week for the needy people in Ho Chi Minh City, at the following locations:
- Providing 160 free meals for poor people every Tuesday morning at An Phu Communal House, An Phu Ward, District 2.
- Offering 80 free meals every Tuesday morning at the address: 3/4 Street 385, Quarter 6, Tang Nhon Phu A Ward, District 9.
- Offering 240 free meals every Thursday morning at An Phu Communal House, An Phu Ward, District 2.
- Providing 250 free meals every Saturday morning at Go Vap District’s Children House – 450/19C Le Duc Tho Street, Ward 16, Go Vap District.
- Providing 350 free meals every Saturday morning at the address: 114 Dinh Tien Hoang Street, Ward 1, Binh Thanh District.
The success of the DFP program can be attributed to Dipkar members’ great efforts and especially invaluable sponsorship from external sponsors who kindly give us financial and human support. We would like to express our deepest gratitude towards these sponsors for their help, without which we would have not been able to run the program.
As a wish to further extend the DFP program in order to provide free meals for more and more needy people, we would like to ask for your constant support.
To join hands with us, please contact email@example.com